I Simply Remember My Favorite Things... Wait No, My Favorite Places!

Well of course, you cannot choose just one. I also believe that my next favorite place is just waiting to be visited! Almost every new place I visit is my latest favorite place (besides downtown New York, turns out I'm not Carrie Bradshaw). To make it easy on you, the reader, I'll narrow it down to just two... okay sorry I meant three.


ITALY (I'm making it broad because otherwise there'd be three Italian cities)

Shocking, another OU student that visited Arezzo! I do apologize if you are tired of hearing about study abroad... but seriously it was amazing! OU took us to Rome, Florence, and Arezzo of course. We had the opportunity to travel on our own twice, which my friends and I used to go to Cinque Terre and Venice. Out of these five places you must visit Florence, Cinque Terre, and Venice (before it sinks into the water).


The tip of Venice from above. Unfortunately, I cannot fly, this image was taken by @canmandawe found on Unsplash.


This is the view from the top of the Duomo in Florence. It took a lot of steps to get up there, I was most likely breathing very heavy when I took this.



Cinque Terre, the absolute most beautiful place I've ever been. I wish I could've stayed forever. This was taken by me, most likely while I was heavy breathing (lots of hills).

Okay forgive me, the study abroad portion of this blog is over. See how quick and easy that was? Moving on.

GUADELOUPE (a group of islands in the Caribbean owned by France)

This was my graduation trip with my family after high school. I knew I wanted to go to a beach I hadn't been to, and this happened to be the place we chose! We had never heard of it and we liked it that way. It was home to the kindest french speaking people. They gave me free ice cream after absolutely butchering my way through ordering a cheeseburger in broken french.



These are two pictures I took of the ocean (obviously) from the little cabana resort we stayed at. It was truly a slice of heaven on earth. Here is a google maps link to where Guadeloupe is located.


HONDURAS (a hidden treasure)

During Spring Break my senior year of high school, I was able to serve on a mission trip in Honduras. We went to little villages and provided basic medical care and examinations to the people of the village. The people were so kind and grateful, and it was a beautiful and lush place.



Here is me and some of the kids in the village. They were so kind and we had so much fun together!


Here is a picture I took of a tilapia farm. We visited an all boys ranch for orphans and they attended school there and also learned how to work on the ranch.

I can't pick a favorite out of these three, they were all very different and I would go back to any one of them in a heart beat... hopefully post COVID I can!





Comments

  1. YAY for Arezzo, Brooklin: I am so glad you got to take advantage of that. I did a lot of my grad school work at the University of Siena, but Arezzo I think is nicer since it is not totally swarming with tourists the way that Siena often is. And I also remember thinking I was going to pass out climbing to the top of the Duomo, ha ha. I had no idea how far it would be when I started... but it was amazing to see the bird's eye view. I have never been to Gaudeloupe, but I am working right now on Caribbean folktales for a book I'm writing, and the folklore is fabulous!!! So if you are interested in that, you could do a project about Caribbean folklore for this class; here's one of the books I am using -- it has a whole section on Guadeloupe: Folklore of the Antilles (most of the Gaudeloupe stories are in French, but some are in English!)... or you could learn more about Honduras: like I was saying about online classes, there is room for everyone to follow their interests!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooklin!

    I'm doing blog comments and I have already commented on your introduction, so I chose this post to comment on in lieu of that!

    Your favorite places sound absolutely magical. I've only ever left the United States once, but after reading this post, many destinations have been added to my travel to list! Especially Guadalupe, those pictures are just absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts