Storybook Favorites

 Dogs of Mythology

Photo by Alvan Nee on Unsplash
This storybook immediately caught my eye. Dogs are my favorite, so it's only fitting that this is my favorite. My dog of 12 years recently passed on to the much debated doggy afterlife, so I was especially intrigued by this particular storybook. The summary gives a good window into what the deeper dive of Dogs of Mythology will be. The author wrote in a conversational and charming way while still being informative. I also appreciate that the author used photos of their actual dogs. The setup made it very clear where which information would be found. I think that any human who has lived with a canine companion wonders what they're thinking, what they do when we are gone, where they go when they pass. This storybook sheds some light on the possibilities according to mythology and folklore.

In this storybook, a lot of personality is shown through the author's style of writing. I appreciate the way that she tries to embody Tarzan's way of speaking. It also shows a lot of creativity that they pieced together a classic Disney story with those similar in mythology in folklore. This lends itself to a lot of research conducted by the author. The layout of the page is very well done and can be navigated with ease.
As someone who is from the great state of Texas, this obviously grabbed my attention. As most Texans are, I am very proud to be a Texan. I became even more intrigued when I noticed that the myth of the Lady of White Rock Lake was included. I had knowledge of this story already, and their description is very similar to what I have heard. This alone persuaded me to look into the other myths in Texas. I also am a fan of the creepy and unsettling, which these stories are.




Comments

Popular Posts