Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Bible Women

Week 4: Jewish Fairy Tales

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: The Life of Buddha 

Week 6: Turkish Fairy Tales

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Chinese Fairy Tales 

Week 9: Nigerian Folk Stories

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Tejas Legends 

Week 11: Alaskan Legends

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Nursery Rhymes 

Week 13: Celtic Fairy Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Grimm (LibriVox) 

Week 15: Hans Christian Andersen

I love fairy tales. Sometimes embarrassing to admit, but I am obsessed with Harry Potter. I know that's not exactly a fairy tale or folk tale, but it is magical and opens your eyes to things that seem impossible, similar to fairy tales. That is why several of the readings I picked are fairy tales. I will choose to watch a Disney movie any time I am stressed because it has a calming effect, and I am very excited to read the origin of many of my favorite childhood stories. Besides the fairy tale readings, I chose readings that are from places I can relate to, like Texas where I am from, or things I grew up hearing. I grew up in the church, so the Bible stories are very interesting to me. I already read one of the Jewish fairy tales, and no shade to the Bible, great book, but I really appreciate the remix with the giant and the unicorn... 

I imagine the unicorn floating next to the Ark in the flood looked something like this. Photo creds: Photo by Meritt Thomas on Unsplash


Comments

Popular Posts