Storybook Plan

 I am doing my project on hybrid creatures in mythology as well as our modern day society. I want to combine and evaluate recent stories that include these creatures as well as past stories. I will be focusing on mermaids, fauns, and harpies. I want to possibly use The Little Mermaid, Narnia, and Roman Epics. I want to really dissect how their dispositions differ throughout the stories. I find it very interesting how mermaids are displayed as sweet and beautiful and then also as manipulative and evil. That is the kind of thing I want to explore through stories about these creatures. I am considering telling these stories as if the creature has multiple sides, and displaying all their different personalities/quirks in one story. 

Going to have to dive into the stories! Photo by Jaredd Craig on Unsplash


Comments

Popular Posts