Storybook Topic Brainstorm

Dark Fairy Tales: In an article by Patrick J. Kiger, he discusses ten of the original fairy tales and their dark twists. I think it would be interesting to do my project on how these stories evolved from their original dark version to the version we all remember from our childhood.

Guadeloupe Folklore: As I stated in my favorite places blog, I absolutely love Guadeloupe. If this were my project topic, I would focus specifically on their folklore. In this article, it discusses the tale of a creature called a Soucouyant. It has a very rich backstory and it would be interesting to study how this tale came to be and how it affects their culture.

Food in Mythology: In this short post, the foods from mythological tales, specifically with the greek gods, are discussed as well as their symbolic meanings. I would focus on which foods have symbolic meaning in greek mythology as well as how they are viewed today.

Hybrid Creatures in Folklore: If this were my topic, I would focus on a couple of the hybrid creatures in mythology and folklore. On this website, the many different combinations of human and an animal are listed. If you click on the creature's name, it brings up information about that specific creature. I think it would be very interesting to look deeper into this topic.

Here is a picture of a seashell. It almost looks like a mermaid's tail... I know I believe in them! 



Comments

Popular Posts