Week 11 Reading Notes: American Indian Fairy Tales Part A

Road to El Capitan, the mountain in The Little Boy and Girl in the Clouds. Photo by Kevin Chen on Unsplash

 After reading the Iagoo story, I thought of the song from Pocahontas called Colors of the Wind. The story outlines someone who has this special connection with nature and the stories that he told the children about nature. I think it could be fun to write a story about him to the tune of that song? Iagoo's story was kind of an introduction to who he is and then it led you into the next story which is what Iagoo told the children about the North Wind.

I liked this song that the South Wind taunted the North Wind within the third story.  

"Ka-bib-on-okka, ancient man, Come and scare me if you can. Big and blustery though you be, You are mortal just like me!" 

This story is a little hard to form a picture in your head. I want to picture something but I am unsure if I am supposed to picture two men or are they just figurative? It ended with a nice life lesson though which I enjoy.

"It was like a great green carpet stretching for miles and miles, and when the wind blew upon the long grass it was like looking at the waves of the sea" Copying this quote as an example of the descriptive words used to describe the landscape.

I like that the story about the little boy and girl in the clouds is actually referring to a real mountain. It allows the reader to have a reference of what this mountain the story is about looks like.





Comments

Popular Posts