Week 11 Reading Notes: American Indian Fairy Tales Part B

 

This is exactly where I would imagine a fairy living. veeterzy on Unsplash

These are just misc. notes from this section- mostly just my thoughts throughout the readings:

Some of the stories feel like they are written for people who have previous knowledge of American Indian words and traditions but others feel like they are explaining it as the story goes for someone who does not have that background knowledge. 

I'm struggling to take notes on these stories. There is a lot of conversation that just starts to lose the reader's interest. All I am getting from this first story is that everyone used to be vegan. This story is so boring I am getting zero inspiration from it. Like it's a small brother and big sister, sis provides, the boy is arrogant and stupid. Boy's coat shrivels that he made out of snow birds. What is the point? I am so bored of reading this. It also keeps switching from Iagoo telling the story to the two children to the actual story and it is pretty confusing. I guess maybe I could tell this story from the perspective of the little boy in it?

There are a lot of words that look like phonetics. There are some weird and random mixtures of animals in these stories but I am having a really tough time following. I am thinking my story will have to be on a previous week of reading. 

Okay, I am at least a little intrigued with the fairy story. The fairies pull pranks on people like stealing their fishing gear. Wasn't Tinker Bell kind of mischievous? Maybe I could write a story from the fairies' perspective and explain real reasons why they needed the gear? I could use that little detail from the fairy bride story and make a completely new story out of it!


Comments

Popular Posts