Week 8 Reading and Writing

 

I had previously used a picture of Hogwarts for my Turkish Fairy Tale readings. This is the same place, a different picture! I really enjoyed that week of reading since I have a slight obsession with Harry Potter and wizards in general. Photo by Jules Marvin Eguilos on Unsplash

To start off, I have discovered that I apparently only love reading books that I pick. I have always thought I loved reading pretty much anything, but it turns out that's not true. I have really struggled with the readings honestly. I have noticed that there are often themes and then I just find it repetitive. That being said, there have been some reading sections that I have really enjoyed like the Jewish Fairy Tales readings. These were much more interesting to me, possibly because some of them were more creative and exciting versions of stories I already know.

On the other hand, I have actually enjoyed the writing more than I expected. I think my writing skills are even starting to improve. I will credit the reading of other people's stories for this, as it has pushed me to think outside of the box! I am pretty proud of my chicken story from last week.

To get more of the readings and hopefully enjoy it more, I think I need to be more particular about which readings I pick. Part of the issue thus far is I have kind of just picked a reading without looking into it much. I need to research more prior to doing the readings to ensure I will actually be excited to read and understand them. 

For writing, I think I will succeed more in writing good stories that readers like if I attempt to write in a conversational tone as I think that is my strong suit. Rather than trying to be a perfect writer and mimic the tone of the readings, I should incorporate my style of writing.

I am hoping by doing these things, I can improve not only my writing but also the reader's experience.

Comments

Popular Posts