Week 14 Reading Notes: Andersen Fairy Tales Unit Part A

 Here are my notes for the stories in Part A of Andersen Fairy Tales unit. I am excited about this one!

Peas are so small. Jean-Michel GARCIA on Unsplash

Princess and The Pea: Obviously I have heard this story before but not since I was little. I love this story! While it does make women seem high maintenance as there is similar no way you'd feel that pea, it is so cute. I think it'd be fun to write this story from the princess' view and make it really humorous. For example, she could talk about how difficult it was to get on top of all those mattresses. 

The Emperor's New Suit: I don't think I have heard this story before, but I am a huge fan of The Emperor's New Groove so I hope it is similar. Haha this is very funny. I liked this one. He was nude walking around town. Smart little kid that pointed it out!

The Brave Tin Soldier: Toy story vibes. I feel bad for the one-legged tin soldier. Writing this after the first part of the story, so the soldier is currently in the drain. Okay, that got dark. So he got melted down on the stove as well as the dancer girl, but they formed a heart when they melted so that's cute!

The Little Match-Seller: Already feel really sorry for this little girl, so she doesn't have any shoes. And she doesn't have food? And no one gave her any money all day? This is so depressing. Oh my gosh and her dad abuses her? I want to help her! SHE DIED???? FROZE TO DEATH? Okay, that was just sad. I could maybe rewrite this to not end so horribly.

Comments

Popular Posts